We examine the carpet fibre to determine its type- usually Wool or Nylon. This determines which cleaning agents are used and the process.
We thoroughly vacuum to recover all dry and loose soil before any cleaning product is applied.
Apply Cleaning Agent
We use an eco-friendly product that is fit for the specific fabric type. This will break down the soil, oil and any spots.
For heavily soiled carpets, we use our CRB (counter rotating brush machine) to work in the product and lift the carpet pile. This allows us to rinse and extract more effectively.
We flush the carpet using a rinsing agent that neutralizes, protects and helps to prevent permanent stains. Allergens and residue are also eliminated from the rugs.
We check all our work to ensure you are satisfied with the results.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I prepare for my carpet cleaning service?
- Most homes are full of furniture and it is not expected that the areas to be cleaned are empty. If possible, we do ask that any small items such as dining room chairs, pot plants, clothing, and coffee tables to be removed before our arrival. If you’re physically unable, we are happy to move these items without assistance.
- In general we dont move anything heavy or fragile such as electronics, china cabinets, modular sofas, beds not on wheels, entertainment units, pianos, antique and fragile furniture.
- Ensure areas to be cleaned are recently vacuumed unless you would like us to provide this service also.
- If possible, ensure the driveway is clear as we run our vacuum hoses directly from our van.
What type of carpet cleaning do you do?
- We offer both carpet steam cleaning and carpet dry cleaning. Unless specifically requested we recommend carpet steam cleaning as its regarded the most effective method.
How long does it take for the carpet/ upholstery to dry?
- Drying takes between 4-6 hrs depending on temperature, airflow, and humidity.
- Furniture items removed from the carpet prior to cleaning can be placed back on the carpet whilst drying if using furiture blocks for feet or if the feet are plastic.
Do you require to electricity to clean my carpet?
Usually no, as we use truck-mounted carpet cleaning machines which are self powered. The exception is for hi-rise apartments and dry cleaning carpets.
How long before I can walk on the carpet?
- If your feet are clean you can walk on the carpet immediately. This will not damage the carpet.
- Ensure the hard floors are also clean so there is no soiling transfer when walking from the hard floor to the carpet.
How long does it take for the carpet / upholstery to dry?
- Usually between 4-6 hrs depending on temperature, airflow and humidity.
- Furniture items removed from the carpet prior to cleaning can be placed back on the carpet whilst drying if using furiture blocks for the feet or if the feet are plastic.
Do I receive a receipt?
- Yes, a receipt is issued at the end of every completed job and is always on file if needed.
Do I need to be home during the service?
You are welcome to be there for the whole cleaning service, or provide a key. its entirely up to you.